History of Panchakarma Therapy
An Ayurvedic treatment primarily comprises of two parts namely, Samshodhana Chikitsa (Bio-cleansing therapy) and Samshaman Chikitsa (Pacifying Therapy). Panchakarma therapy falls under the first category as it is a dynamic procedure to cleanse the body from inside out. It is a bio-cleansing regimen which is intended to balance the morbid doshas and eliminate the toxic elements found in the body. It is a comprehensive procedure that helps improve the immunity of the body. When we speak of the history of this five-step therapy we mean its existence in the world as an extensive form of an Ayurveda therapy. Samshodhana Chikitsa is considered to be superior to Samshaman Chikitsa as the benefits acquired in terms of the elimination of the diseases are permanent and long-lasting.
Processes Involved in Cleansing
As mentioned earlier, Panchakarma therapy is a five-step process for the body to get cleansed inside out. These five steps can be considered to be the stepping stones for complete attainment of a healthy and a purified body. This therapy is believed to impart radical elimination of the disease causing factors and maintain an equilibrium among the doshas that govern our body. Following are the five processes that helps improve the immunity and cleanses the body.
Let us understand each one in detail-
- VAMANA- It is an oleation procedure where the patient is given Ayurvedic therapies and internal medication. This helps in vomiting and elimination of the toxins thus disposing the poisons from the body.
- VIRECHANA- This procedure includes the cleansing of the toxins through the bowels. The patient is asked to consume Ayurvedic medicines and go for a natural purgative method thus clearing the guts that aides in purifying the body or toxins.
- BASTI- Ayurvedic therapy through medicines or natural decoctions, such as oils, ghee or milk through enema is known as basti. The decoctions depend on the disease that needs to be cured. It has huge advantages and is powerful against diseases like piles, constipation and arthritis.
- NASYA- People suffering from issues that target the head area, this Ayurvedic therapy is the best. It is a natural cleansing technique where the cerebral area gets freed from any kind of pain and nasal drops are regulated in the nostrils.
- RAKTAMOKSHAN: Lastly, this process is done for cleaning the blood. As we know that impure blood is a major cause of any diseases, so this therapy allows for the purification of the blood thus getting rid of health issues like psoriasis, pigmentation, dermatitis and many more.
This is how Panchakarma therapy is given to a patient step by step which delivers excellent effective results thus improving and enhancing the longevity of the human body.
Why one should opt for this treatment?
Survival of the fittest strategy brings in a lot of factors that combine together to improve as well as deteriorate the condition of the human body. Continuous labor, wear and tear of the body tissues, negligence of the functioning parts, improper eating habits, all merged together, hampers the normal functioning of the body.
Timely cleansing should be done so that the body which acquires a lot of impurities and toxins while maintaining its functions can be eliminated. If these are not eliminated from the body at the right time then it becomes a cause for the diseases that we often hear about. Panchakarma should be done yearly because of the fact that its effects are long-lasting and not temporary and helps to kill the root cause of the disease. This treatment at Kairali-The Ayurvedic Healing Village is the best as it takes into consideration the overall transformation of the human body, starting from following a strict Ayurvedic diet to managing and adopting healthy lifestyle choices.
BENEFITS OF THE THERAPY
If we try to enlist the benefits of an Ayurvedic therapy, we will always fall short of it because there are endless benefits that one cannot even imagine about. But specifically speaking, Panchakarma at Kairali-The Ayurvedic Healing Village has lots to offer to its clients with its standardized procedure.
- Purification of the Body and Soul: Through the information given above it is clear by now that this therapy is the ultimate solution to get rid of all impurities and toxins from the body and thus purify the mind, body and soul. It helps to maintain a balance between all the three doshas that are responsible for governing our body.
- Basis for Complete Well-Being: Kairali-The Ayurvedic Healing Village caters to the complete well-being of an individual with the help of its Ayurvedic therapies and treatments. The beautiful serene atmosphere serves as a healing factor that restores the natural beauty that is found within everyone. Panchakarma therapy is one of the finest ways to achieve a healthy and stress-free body.
- Balancing the vitiated doshas: As per Ayurveda, doshas are the main governing factors of the human body. It is due to the imbalances in these doshas that our body sometimes responds in an abnormal way and we fall prey to various kinds of ailments. Panchakarma therapy thus helps to restore the balance between the doshas for proper functioning of the body.
Kairali-The Ayurvedic Healing Village, set amidst the beautiful creations of nature thus provides for the best Ayurvedic treatments and accommodation facilities that one longs for to achieve the optimum level of health and well-being.
Panchakarma- panch and karmas, when literally translated means ‘Five Procedures’. It is an Ayurvedic treatment that involves elaborated methods of purification to release stress, which prepares the body tissues to accept the maximum benefits of food, nutrition and exercise. It is a three-stage process purva (pre-operative), pradhana (operative) and paschat (post-operative) measures. Ayurveda advises to practice Purvakarma because of the deep rooted imbalances in the body, which needs to be flushed out in the right way by Purvakarma.
To undergo a purification therapy it is highly important for the body to be prepared for the rigorous process to encourage the body to let go of the toxins. treatments like Abhyangam, shirodhara and Elakizhi are included to soften the tissues where the oil is applied to the entire body with a particular type of massage which helps the toxins to move towards the gastro-intestinal tract. thereafter, therapies like Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya and Raktamokshan are used as per the body constitution (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) to complete the detoxifying process.
Accumulation of ama (toxin) is the primary reason for almost every disease and Panchakarma help us get rid of ama. it is highly recommended often for people in the age group starting from 35 years to undergo Kairali Panchakarma Therapy for 14 days at least once a year.